Tuesday 1 June 2010

Bank Holiday Blues... and pinks and reds.



Although Monday was a Bank Holiday here, I decided to open the shop. The sun came out and lots of people, local and visitors, were out and about enjoying the weather.
I was really happy that Mary decided to take a drive down from Aberdeen to restock her wonderful selection of silk flower arrangements.

 I would love to be able to name all the flowers but am very vague about flower names. I know Poppies and Daisies and Roses... oh, and Carnations. But after that I simply think of them as 'the red ones' or 'the pink ones'. Not very technical but it works for me.

Mary has been creating fabulous arrangements for a good few years now and I love that we have them in Buy Design. They are really popular with customers but they also make the shop look to lovely and colourful
.
Just a few close-ups here.
The arrangements are really unique. Imagine anything you wouldn't consider putting flowers in and you may just get the idea.
It was lovely to see Mary and to catch up on what's been happening over the last month or so.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I think I see some anemones there ... but I could be wrong! Gorgeous flowers.

Buy Design said...

I think you're right there Fiona. 2nd one from the bottom. Just checked the label.