Tuesday 17 November 2009

Nappy Cakes and Sock Babies.

These little sock babies come from my friend Elaine who is a very talented artist. She is also very creative in her own quirky way. Why, or how she thought up sock babies, I don't know, but they are lovely little things. Each baby is made from one childs' sock. Little features are stitched in place so they are totally child friendly. So cute!!

Now, having promised photos of Nappy Cakes, I'm not sure if you will be able to make out the details very well. These are a couple of examples. They come on a cake board (perfect for the Christening Cake) with a cake tin filled with a variety of baby goods - anything from toiletries to frilly pants to spoons and bowls. Nappies, muslin cloths and a cuddly toy finish it off.

I wish I knew someone having a baby because I really want to buy one.


No comments: