Thursday 10 March 2011

My Creative Space

I've been Chain Mailling again. This chunky bracelet chain was made with big 14mm jump rings and is another Byzantine chain. I want to try different sizes and patterns to see how they all turn out and I love the colour of this one.
This one is based on a Box Chain but I misjudged how many links it would take... a mixture of the size of the links and the extra chunkiness of the pattern. But I suppose it's all part of learning a new skill. I adapted the basic box chain by splitting it up with flat rings which made it go that bit little bit further.
Some people might call this a mistake but I think I will call it an Original.

More Creative Spaces are over at Kootoyoo

4 comments:

Tina said...

Again I love the chain maille!

xxxooo

Buy Design said...

Thanks Tina. I'm really enjoying playing with my little jump rings.

*gooocha* said...

Piękne i misterne :)

Ady said...

Great work! I really like your box chain adaptation. Very nice.