Thursday 7 October 2010

My Creative Space

My Creative Space today has been mostly Green. Green isn't normally my colour of choice which is probably why I seem to have so many green beads in my box, all waiting patiently to be turned into something lovely. I've spent a lot of time looking at my green beads and have been fairly uninspired by them. I don't wear much green myself and so I felt at a bit of a loss as to what to do with them. However, there are lots of green accessories in the shops this autumn and wanting to keep up to date with current trends I made today Green Day.

While I was making this one I had some customers in who loved the antique look of these beads which work really well with this gold coloured chain. Possibly my favourite 'make' today.

These are similar to the ones above but more oval in shape.

Now I wish I knew the technical name for what I'm about to say but Hey Ho I don't know everything. Can't believe I just admitted that though. These beads have wiggly black squiggles on them. It might be called scrifito. But that might not be how to spell it. Whatever it's called though they are very effective and just a little bit quirky. 
And yes.... there are still plenty more in the box so there may be another Green Day very soon.
You can visit more creative spaces with more colours at kootoyoo

No comments: