Wednesday 27 October 2010

Neighbours....everybody needs good neighbours..

I thought I would shame my photographic skills and tell you about my neighbour at Abernethy craft fair last Saturday. Her name was Jo Cound and she is an amazing photographer. No digital cameras for Jo. She is a proper photographer with proper cameras, real film, negatives and her own dark room where she develops and prints all her own work. I have seen her work before at other fairs but we have never been neighbours and so this was the first time I got to chat with her and to hear more about her work. She is soo enthusiastic about her work and can tell the story of every photo she has taken. Her work mostly features landscapes and nature and every one is a work of art. If you fancy a look click HERE and visit Jo's website.

 I felt a wee bit inspired to try some nature photography myself and took my camera (digital of course) with me and Angel on our walk yesterday.
Like a proper artist ( ha ha) I thought I should name my shots.

Come back Angel, I want to take your picture.

COME BACK ANGEL.. oh never mind.

Forget Angel.
It's beginning to look a lot like autumn.

Mmm... nice wellies.

Rooting around. Is that a mini waterfall ?

I may as well admit that I will never be a photographer, but I did enjoy looking around a bit more than usual. It's so easy to take for granted that I live in a beautiful part of the country and sometimes it's good to remind myself how lucky I am.
Fiona

3 comments:

Fiona said...

I'm not sure it's always about taking great photos, but about evoking a mood and capturing a moment that means something to you. There' nothing I love more than a tramp through the countryside with my camera, but I'm not sure that I'd choose to share most of my snaps!!

Love the wellies!

Buy Design said...

Thanks Fiona. I love my wellies too. There were quite a few snaps which I didn't share either but you are right. If you enjoy yourself and you can look back and smile at the photos then they are doing their job.

Anna Kay said...

Fiona, the photographs are beautiful.