Thursday 23 September 2010

My Creative Space.

It's seems like ages since I joined in at kootoyoo and shared my Creative Space.

I started off this morning with two fingerless mitts and one ruffled wrist-warmer.
There is a definite Autumnal feel to the mornings around here which means that in just a few short weeks we will be layering up with woolies and looking for lost hats and scarfs.
Or..... you could just crochet new ones.
Or.... you could pop in to Buy Design.

I have been crocheting up a storm in the last few weeks and now have loads of hats and scarfs in the shop.
What I would really like to make now is an earwarmer. A bit like a wide hairband that keeps your ears warm. I think I last saw one being worn by one of James Bond's glamorous assistants but I can't find a suitable pattern. I may have to make one up myself, which may or may not end in tears.
The reason I have 3 different gloves is down to my tinkering with an existing pattern whilst trying to decide which one is the right shape/size/style.
The pink one is nearly the same as the pattern but has a few less rounds as the pattern seemed huge.
The green is nearly the same as the pink but done on a smaller hook as I have tiny hands and wanted it to fit snuggly.
The grey one is supposed to be a wrist-warmer and I stuck to the pattern on this one, but I'm not sure that it's the right size. It's still seems pretty roomy to me, which may just be because of my skinny wrists, but it might be a bit rude to ask someone with big wrists to try it on for me.
So today in my creative space I am trying to decipher my notes at the side of my patterns and trying to make neighbours for each of my mitts.
Does anyone know if matching mittens are compulsory?
Click the link at the top to visit creative spaces all over.
Fiona x

1 comment:

Fiona said...

These seem to be all the rage in blogland today!!

I read a tutorial for arm-warmers this morning and thought I must make a pair: http://juliacrossland.blogspot.com/ Maybe you can compare her pattern and yours and see where that gets you!

Wonder if I have time to make some this week? Love the pattern on the grey ones!