Monday 26 April 2010

Perthshire Open Studios

I have now confirmed that I will be taking part in Perthshire Open Studios this year. Click here if you would like to know more from the official site. It's not fully up and running yet but should be in the next few weeks.
I'm pretty excited and a little bit cautious about this venture which takes place from 11th till 19th September this year. Basically, artists, designers and makers from all over Perthshire open their studios to the public for the week. I have visited some of these in previous years but the first year I didn't have a studio and the second year I missed the deadline for applications. So this year I got myself organised well in advance and am now waiting for the brochures to appear.
I'm hoping that this will introduce Buy Design to a much wider market. The thing about being in a small town is that there is always going to be a limited number of customers. However the Open Studio week is really popular amongst people from all over who are interested in art, craft, and design, and who are interested in seeing makers actually making... I'm going to have to polish up my pliers and wire cutters. Or would I look more professional if my tools look well worn ? Still have a few months to work that one out.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds like a good opportunity for you, Fiona ... and possibly a lot of work too!

Liesl said...

How exciting! It does sound like a wonderful opportunity. Good luck with your preparations (and polishing the tools!)

Lisa said...

Hurrah! someone else in Alyth joining us! We had well over 200 visitors last year with fab sales - hopefuly this year will be even busier!